You may have purchased one of our Pre-Cooked Berkshire Pork Hams and be wondering how to prepare/warm it. Not to worry these come fully cooked so you simply need to reheat it to an internal temperature of approximately 140-145 degrees Fahrenheit.
I did some testing and here's what I suggest for reheating.
1. Thaw Ham- Be sure to do this early enough. According to the USDA it will take 4 to 6 hours per pound in the refrigerator.
2. Once thawed slice small diamonds into the exterior fat layer.
3. Cover ham in a foil wrap and pour chicken stock or a combination of chicken stock and your glaze over the ham to keep it moist and to hold the liquid and heat in the foil.
4. Throw on smoker (or in oven) at 225 covered until internal temperature reaches 130F. Time will depend on size of ham.
5. Uncover and glaze ham with glaze of choice.
6. Return to smoker (or oven) for around 10 minutes to thicken the glaze.
7. After 10 min, add another coat of glaze and cook for another 10 minutes.
8. Finish by broiling for no longer than 5 minutes. You just want the glaze to start to sizzle.
9. Temp should be at 140 by now and ready to eat!
10. Enjoy and have a great celebration!