|Provided By||Tyler Hines|
|Prep Time||30 Minutes|
|Cook Time||8 Hours|
Traditionally, a Philly Cheesesteak is made from Ribeye, but we decided to create a slow-cooker version with a Wagyu Roast including a Kansas City twist!
- 4-5 pound Our Boneless Chuck Roast or Eye of Round Roast will work too!
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp oil (with a low smoke point)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed french onion soup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup beer (preferably a dark beer)
- 1 large onion
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper
- 10 hoagie rolls
- 4 tbsp butter
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- Season the Wagyu Roast with the Smoked Bourbon Barrel Salt Steak Seasoning
- Heat your cast-iron pan to medium high, add your oil. Sear the roast for 4-5 min per side
- In your slow cooker add the Roast, the beef broth, the French onion soup, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and the beer
- Cook on low for 7 hours
- Add in the sliced onion, mushrooms, and green pepper and continue cooking on low for an additional hour
- Take your hoagie rolls, butter them, and either crisp them up on a pan, or throw them in the oven like you'd be making garlic bread
- Slice into your beef against the grain. It may be so tender it just falls apart!
- If you have a flat top grill, take the sliced and/or shredded beef and melt the cheese on top of it
- Build your sandwich the the meat, cheese and top with the cooked veggies!